"A" Teams Box Lacrosse
"A" teams in Red Deer for the upcoming Box Lacrosse Season
The league that Red Deer A teams participate in has revised their rules and the CDLA has removed the import rule for Red Deer teams. Therefore, any player within CALL can tryout for the A team with out any restrictions to make the team.
In an effort to ensure that each year the players in the U13, U15 and U17 age groups have the opportunity to try out for a responsible "A" program, we have put in place a few guidelines to improve the experience and team from the start.
Below is how RDLA will determine if we will field an "A" teams in each division.
- Tryouts for all "A" teams will be in the month of February. The deadline to register to tryout for all "A" teams is January 15th.
- There must be 25 players registered prior to the deadline defined above in each division in order for RDLA to hold tryouts. If there is not 25 players registered in a division, there will be no "A" team for that division and refunds will be provided.
- All players must register for "A" team tryouts, the tryout fee is $50.
- No refunds will be issued, this is a one time fee per season.
- No player will be permitted to tryout until the $50 try out fee is paid in full.
- Red Deer resident players must register for the Box Season in their division as well as the "A" team tryout in order to participate in the evaluation.
- Non-Red Deer residents do not register with RDLA until "A" team Player selection is made.
- All CALL Clubs will be advised of players from their organization that intend to try out for the RDLA "A" team prior to the start of tryouts.
- Each participant must attend at least 2 tryouts or they will not be considered for the team.
- Please note that once a player has completed 2 tryouts they maybe requested to not attend the remaining tryouts to allow the evaluators to better assess the remaining players in a smaller group setting.
- CDLA charges a much higher player fee than CALL, upon making the team an additional fee of $250.00 will be charged. This fee includes games floor charges in Calgary, officiating costs and 2 practices a week through out the this season.
If you have any questions about this new process, please contact email@example.com
Please note that once tryouts begin, the RDLA evaluation and team selection process will be followed.
We have had to raise the fees this year. We have frozen fees the last few years despite inflationary pressure on all costs - floor time, officiating, team equipment, and just about everything in between. With these increasing costs, we are raising fees this year for registration across all levels and also the A team fees.
For the A team fees, specifically, we are also adding additional practice time as part of this increase. We've looked at fees at other lacrosse organizations to ensure we remain competitive and fair.
Please visit our registration page for more information and to access the Chiefs registration portal.